Journal of Educators OnlineCall for Papers, January 2013 Issue
The Journal of Educators Online invites you to submit original papers in the broad area of computer-mediated learning† to include pedagogy, content, technical and organizational issues for the January 2013 issue. Published biannually (January and July), the Journal of Educators Online is an online peer review scholarly journal serving the needs of online educators, students and policy makers world-wide. For more information, please visit the journal’s website at www.thejeo.com.The journal’s multidisciplinary scope offers authors the opportunity to submit papers that are highly focused or broad in scope. Topics include methods to improve online instruction, cultural and other social barriers and opportunities for online education, online delivery methods, what works and what does not, financial issues, discipline specific issues, technical issues, online versus face-to-face issues, online content to enhance in-class instruction, instructor and student assessment methodologies, group versus individual online instructional issues, funding initiatives, book and software reviews, and accreditation issues.
1. Submit via e-mail an MS WORD copy of your manuscript to the editor, Ruth Gannon Cook, at rgannonc. Typical length of submission is twenty-five pages (A4 or Letter size with one inch margins), double spaced, including abstract, appendices, references, figures, and tables. Deadline for the January 2013 issue is October 15, 2012.
2. Include a cover page with the paper’s title and the name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address of the contact person.
3. For format, we require use of the American Psychological Association style guide.
4. Papers will be reviewed using an external blind review process. Names of author(s) should appear only on the title page. Authors should not identify themselves or their institution elsewhere in the paper. Paper review and feedback from the editor typically takes 4 to 6 weeks from receipt of your paper.
5. Submission indicates that your manuscript or a similar version of it has not been previously published, accepted for publication, and/or is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Acceptance rate for the indexed Journal of Educators Online is 25%. We look forward to the receipt of your manuscript.
Ruth Gannon Cook, Ed.D.
Editor, Journal of Educators Online
† Computer-mediated learning occurs when an individual interactively learns (formally or informally, synchronously or asynchronously) about material via computer where the learning materials and pedagogy are developed to take advantage of the available technologies.
Copyright © 2012 Journal of Educators Online, All rights reserved.